Sunday 7 September 2014

TRC Knives K1 Field Test and review





Hi all here it is my field test and review of TRC Knives K1 flat ground drop point camp hunting utility knife. So after several weeks of real world usage in the field you can see some of the stuff I pit this knife through. It's just the right size (at least for me), with a good solid feel and look about it. Made from Uddeholm's powder metallurgical steel ELMAX. The K1 has very good corrsion resistance. I found the edge retention was good too and this is something Uddeholm is saying about ELMAX for use in knife steels. The K1 has tamperproof (probably not a good idea to try and remove them and for what anyway?) tri screws anchoring those comfortable micarta slabs. The finish as I said previously is great and the K1 just feels good to use, especially having the rounded spine profile as this feature makes it very comfortable carving with this knife. Anyway enough said. Check the video!

No comments:

Post a Comment