Friday 27 March 2015

Part 2 BCB survival stuff is not that good, here's why:




Ok so you can see from the above picture, this is what happened after a dozen or so strikes with the included striker from BCB's Ultimate Survival Kit. Yes that's right, the ferro rod came right out of the plastic holder. Ok these products are made in CHINA and there was only about 5-6mm of rod inserted into the plastic molding, not enough to hold the rod properly. Because the rod is so short to begin with it could not be used now, not good if you really need to depend on it not failing.

Just go out and buy either a USA made Sparkie or a Swedish fire steel (made in Sweden) MY Swedish fire steel I inherited from my dad, and it's still got tonnes of life left in it after 35 years of careful use. (the rod BTW goes all the way into the plastic handle).


Overall I found the contents of BCB's Ultimate Survival kit, quite worrying if I really had to rely on it and the cost is not a little either. The best survival kits are the ones you carefully put together yourself with quality contents. I wouldn't even rely on this kit if I was in combat either. V disappointed!


1 comment: