Tuesday 23 February 2016

Kizlyar Supreme Caspian Hunting and Camp Knife





Hi all. Well I can't keep away from these Kizlyar Supreme knives! This is the Caspian Hunting and Camping knife. Superb build quality is obvious to me. 

Quality root walnut is used

Quality dark root Walnut used for handle scales


for the handle slabs, not the weaker yellowish outer wood of walnut, nor a mix of the two. According to Kizlyar Supreme the Caspian represents a Bowie style knife blade geometry with the loss of the typical guards seen on such knives. A guard IMHO is or can be a bit of a hinderance on a hunting knife (if you are not using it primarily for stabbing/pigging/dogging etc).
My Caspian is made with AUS8. My previous Kizlyar Supreme hunting knives, also made with AUS8 haven't let me down either for sharpness and holding an edge. I measured my Caspian blade thickness at 3.8mm. The listed is 3.9mm ok that's no difference. 142mm long blade with a genuine well stitched and riveted leather scabbard. You have an option of using the belt loop or the extended loop to carry this knife. A nice addition is the finger cutaway 





on the scabbard to allow easy access to removing the knife. The handle thickness I measured at 19mm. The Caspian is a full tang knife. I t comes with a lifetime warranty and that says it all. Stay tuned for the full field review on BushCampingTools of the Caspian Hunting knife by Kizlyar Supreme.








No comments:

Post a Comment