Saturday 23 July 2016

JaktKit KNV2 Follow up


The question is am I still using the KNV2 from JaktKit of Sweden?

Of course I am!


Despite  uninformed and basically troll type comments from the stirrers on Blade Forums. I stand by what I said about this knife in my blog and on my video review.

YES it's manufactured in China. When I read "Made in China", to me means generally products are of low quality. However, when non Chinese (or Chinese companies) companies pay particular attention to quality control and R and D then there is NO reason why products manufactured in China can not be of high standard. Unfortunately there is so much junk coming out of that country from companies trying to make a fast buck and don't give a stuff about the negative connotations.
Enough of that now. JaktKit KNV2 is well made, comfortable and stays sharp under tough field usage, that's a fact.

I don't care if the Alloy is called XYZW5543Cr steel. What I really care about is does the product perform according to the manufacturers product blurb. That's all. 




And the KNV2 does exactly and better than what Jaktkit says. Good enough for me. Let's face it, the knife is Designed in Sweden. It's making waves due to it's quality and price point. People don't like that.

Here are the Facts once again:



Construction: Drop forged, meaning super tough aligned microstructure (impossible to achieve via milled stock removal made knives).

Steel alloy: Ahonest Changjiang Steel Company Ltd. made 99CrMoV (proprietary formulation for Jaktkit) ESR production (Electro Slag Removal) for quality raw material.
99Cr19MoV has carbon of 1,08% (tolerances 0,96-1,2 % )

Convex hand ground edge.

Top quality TPEE polymer handle over moulded onto a full 5mm thick tang.








No comments:

Post a Comment