Monday 20 March 2017

Why I'm still loving my FKMD Combat Survival Knife!






Several years on and I don't regret buying this knife. Firstly, it's a knife that you're not afraid to really use (and often abuse). Make no mistakes it's tough as! When a knife comes from FKMD with the name of "Combat Survival" then I'm going to test it to the maximum with no holds barred! Forget all you worry worts about full tangs etc etc. If this knife was going to bust at the tang it would have after the first blow. Forget all you worry worts about the hypothetical "stress risers" on that saw back. It has not failed. Cast your minds to where I showed that the actual milling in the saw region leaves radii and no acute angles (which in the latter case might be a region of stress risers).



Love those serrations, still deadly sharp after countless batoning in this region and cutting of cords and ropes covered in crap. These are well designed serrations, no woosy cutting here!



The handle is super tough, albeit not the most comfortable but it works.




Lastly, the super tough FRN Molle scabbard with inbuilt diamond plate sharpener along with a very good wire cutter, is/has done it's "tour of duty" and is still going strong.



I'm still recommending it. If you don't mind a saw back (which BTW can easily cut hard plastics, wood (better on dead than green) make notches in no time flat.

I've been in the serious wilderness with ONLY this knife and never had my doubts over it failing me.

Hopefully more videos later this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment