Sunday 13 March 2022

Dry bags? Which brands and why do I recommend you to use them?

 Dry bags? Which brands? Why do I recommend you to use them?


As the name suggests they (if made properly) will keep your gear dry. End of story. it doesn't matter if you are caving, canyoning, hiking etc. Dry bags are an essential piece of kit for the serious outdoor person.


Brands are a personal choice but I have had much success with the following brands which i have personally taken from 5000m to sea level globally.


SealLine (I've used serious canyoning) and trekking in the Himalayas and bicycle touring cross Indonesia and caving during one expedition plus numerous non expedition trips underground in Tasmania, Australia.

 Ferrino dry bags, caving in many wet caves in Europe. I use ones which have a 0.5mm PVC coated canvas structure.

Hypergear Dry bags, caving in Europe and hiking in Australia as well. These bags have a thicker PVC canvas.



I'm sure there are many other brands but these ones are just fine. The Seal line ones i have had for over 20 years and they re still going strong!





No comments:

Post a Comment