Monday 21 August 2023

Seiko Captain Willard 1970 6105 Homage watch, the STEELDIVE SD 1970 200m diver

 Seiko Captain Willard 1970 6105 Homage watch, the STEELDIVE SD 1970 200m diver

Wow! Looks pretty good but how good?
Let's check it out.

The uni-directional ceramic insert metal bezel is easy to turn with just the right amount of friction for the gloved hands of a scuba diver.



B
right two tone lume. Green for all markers on the dial and bright blue for all markers on the bezel. Long decay time.

Accurate dial painting.


Great metal finishing on the crown.




Black Ceramic bezel insert with blue phosphor inlays (appears white under bright light).

The SD 1970 Captain Willard homage watch sports a flat anti-reflective coated sapphire watch crystal. You can see the bevel here in the above image. This crystal sits just proud of the bezel.
Green phosphor minute markers.
Blue Phosphor inlays (Blue dots) on ceramic Bezel.
Second hand similar in design to the original Seiko.


Hands are perfectly mounted



Precision thread cutting on the case tube.


This is the real McCoy

(I'd like to say I took this off the wrist of a school bully 45 years ago but alas the image came from the bay!)

Personally, I think the above watch, secondhand prices are insane, Seiko or not. To put it into perspective some kids (they were kids of rich parents) were wearing this watch at school 45 years ago when I was about 16 years old. I wore a Seiko Sports 5 and so did many other kids (not from rich families). 

 Although my memories of this watch was because one guy who thought he might bully me at school wore this Captain Willard model. He used to try and F up my Seiko by pushing in the crown (it was the way the date could be changed). I had a good cure for that after I had had enough, that was the end of my school shoe (on my foot of course) up his ars% so damn hard he couldn't sit down for the rest of the day. He sicked his older brother (2 years older) on to me to threaten me (he was a school bully too). He also wore a Seiko Captain Willard watch! 

LOL, that was over 45 years ago (too young to have legally watched Apocalypse now at the movie theatres!). Clearly one could wear an expensive watch and still be an ars&hole so this watch DOSEN"T remind me of "Captain Willard" from Apocalypse now LOL.




See my preliminary video here

No comments:

Post a Comment