Monday 21 July 2014





LionSteel M7

Hi ok this is an update on the LionSTEEL M7.
I asked some questions to LionSTEEL they only answered 


some I figure the questions  they didn't answer are because they were of a confidential nature???

Here they are again:
Q Do you cryogenically treat  the M7 or is it sub zero treated ie above 150C? My guess is if they did (either treatment) then they would say as this would be a selling point.

Q  What is the MPa rating of the Micarta you use? (I asked this question as I'm sure all Micarta's are not constructed to the same specs and as the handle forms part of the guard then I was curious to know how strong it might be)- Gianni Paulett did tell me that they do in fact buy in the raw material to CNC with their machines.

Q Do you PVD the blades A: "No they are chemically blackened" this is in my opinion better than teflon treatment.


Q Is the rounded surface on the spine for added rigidity No answer here, my guess is that it is, from an engineering standpoint.


Video field review is taking place so stay tuned!


No comments:

Post a Comment