Tuesday 27 June 2017

Why I'm still loving my Kizlyar Supreme SENPAI a year plus on.




 AUS8 is a great knife steel, make no mistake about it. AUS8 has done it's "Tour of Duty" and has nothing to hide.

 Made in Russia: A Brand name Built like a tank but functions like a knife should. The two "stains on the upper part of image are were I was going to lightly "patina" it-just for fun!



The Kizlyar Supreme Senpai looks like a proper knife, feels like a knife, cuts very very well and is beautiful to look at. Some have told me, "hey this really looks more like a weapon than something to be used in the outdoors". Maybe so but it's practicality for an outdoor knife is totally fine. Modelled around a Japanese Tanto, the Senpai (older colleague), I have found is fine in the outdoors for camping and food prep. If you like the Japanese-like design of this knife, like I do then I can tell you it will work fine for: gutting fish; cutting up meat off the bone, preparing vegetables; slicing through large fruits and vegetables such as: pineapples, mangoes, cassava, Yams and the like and even for those dead set keen on smashing the spine with a wooden baton; it will not yield.

Finally, the grip of the Kizlyar Supreme, made from Kraton over moulded onto ABS (Hey ABS is almost indestructible), is very ergonomic and good with wet hands.


 See my review here:









No comments:

Post a Comment