Tuesday 25 July 2017


Tropical Equipment test!






FKMD Parus, passes the green coconut hacking test.

That is, easy to swing, little chopping to get reward (coconut water), can cut as well the fibrous nature of the coconut.
Ergonomics as such demonstrates that the FKMD PARUS doesn't want to "leave my hand" whilst chopping, in other words it provides a good comfortable grip.
In fact the FKMD Parus, dare I say is like a bit of a small light weight hatchet. Ok, it's not a hatchet but then a hatchet would be useless trying to hack open coconuts as it's just too wide.
So my point being is that can this knife be a good substitute for a machete or parang if you don't have one or can you go tropical camping with just this knife, the FKMD PARUS, and will it see you through?
My answer is a definite YES. I've done the extensive tropical camping, cooking only with coconut water from coconuts hacked/twisted straight off those coast hugging palms. We had a machete which was a bit thinner, had a longer handle and was actually a specific coconut parang but only an inch longer than the FKMD PARUS. So I reckon the PARUS would work fine, plus not being quite as big would be easier to transport, in my experience.



No comments:

Post a Comment