Saturday 14 March 2020

How to keep your ECO DRIVE COOL** whilst charging in full sun*

How to keep your ECO DRIVE COOL** whilst charging in full sun*

Even 20cm from a 125W CFL lamp, it will take many hours for a full charge.

Here is a quick video of a small computer fan rigged up to blow cooler air onto my watch whilst it charges in full sunlight! 
Note that for interior lighting, your ECO DRVE will never become fully charged. I believe I obtained 20 plus years from my 7878 movement ECO DRIVE by making sure the watch saw full sunlight on my wrist until I had satisfied the approximate charging times as stated by Citizen. Then to make sure it was not covered by my sleeve. This is how I wear a watch anyway.

Remembering the main cause of returning ECO DRIVE watches to some service centres globally is because people have simply cooked their batteries. Abide by the temperature ranges set in the charging guidelines!





*As long as the ambient air is cool!

** No responsibility taken for over heating your watch and frying your battery!
Late afternoon (full) winter sun, isn't going to cook your watch.



Correct charging will help to get you best possible longevity from your ECO DRIVE!


No comments:

Post a Comment