Thursday 23 December 2021

FITWELL BIG WALL TREK BOOTS



Well after absolutely astonishing service of almost 3 years, I have to say a partial goodbye to my FITWELL BIG WALL boots because the Vibram soles are almost bare and the uppers are starting to fail on me-EVER SO SLIGHTLY!!!




BUT!!!! this is only after wearing them EVERY DAY for almost 3 years! Hiking, camping, caving, fishing, hunting, in the snow and in the arid zones; MAN ALIVE this FITWELL BRAND rocks! No I'm not saying this because they gave me a pair of boots; no I BOUGHT THEM!


AND now I need a new pair So I decided to try something along the same lines but this time the FITWELL BIG WALL TREK.




Expertly crafted in Italy with Vibram soles just like my FITWELL  Big Wall BOOTs.

This is a super grippy but long lasting sole tread pattern from Vibram.
I know this EVENT membrane really goes the distance, in fact I reckon better than GORTEX!


The difference we see now is that there are eyelets on all the lower laces and metal lugs for the last two laces places.

The main difference is that the leather upper now reaches to the lower sole midway (instead of the rubber rand) because these boots are not intended for the super harsh side scraping big wall ascents but rather for light snow to 3 season usage. To be honest you would have seen me many times wearing my Big Wall Boots IN THE SNOW, albeit they were never intended for this activity because they are not designed for prolonged standing around in the sub zero weather.

Heavy rubber rands used where it counts for maximum friction and abrasion resistance. If you are not familiar with this type of boot construction, then let me tell you, this type of rubber is used in the construction of climbing shoes which encounter huge frictional forces and hav to last without failure against such forces. choosing to use similar construction methods for walking and hiking bots, mean that your boots will easily be able to encounter contact with rocks and other abrasive surfaces without any problems and in fact enable you to moe over tricky terrain.

Seriously thick synthetic reinforcing and accurate stitching tell the story of Italian made quality!
As the name says...............and believe me this is no idle boast by them!
FITWELL make this special inner sole that actually helps move the air around under the inner sole.

 Full event membrane lining, right up high on the tongue.



What more to say??? Do yourself a favour, the BIG WALL model has been personally blasted by me on every adventure excepting the full on snow, so there is is ZERO reason to think the BIG WALL TREK will not serve me the same.


The video Review



BCT



No comments:

Post a Comment