Friday 12 May 2023

What I consider are still good shoe manufacturer's for outdoor footwear

Who I consider are still good shoe manufacturer's for outdoor footwear and why.


Not in any particular order



La Sportiva: (but only footwear made in Italy). I have found their footwear made in China to be of inferior quality and not better than no name similarly designed footwear.


Fitwell: I have tried and thoroughly field tested their Big Wall Boots; they are of course excellent, also experience with customer service and this too was excellent. I can not speak about their other models however based solely upon one model (made in Italy) and the craftsmanship I have seen in other models I have had in my paws, I would definitely recommend this brand to have a look at their boots and shoes.



Garmont: Garmont is another brand I have had good experiences with, particularly the Dragon tail model, which is still current today in 2023.


Kayland: I bought my first pair of serious mountaineering boots in Japan in 1999/2000. The are of course crampon compatible and built like tanks but super comfortable and even after all this time are still great and have some god mileage left on them. Full leather construction, super sticky rubber rands, Vibram mountaineering sole/cleated design. I'm afraid i don't believe they make them as good any more but i could be wrong!


Boreal: Other than climbing shoes (designed for maximum abuse), I own now 2 pairs of Boreal footwear, a pair of Boreal brenta via ferrata/snow and ice boots/lightweight mountain boots and a new pair of Boreal DROMs. What to say? Rugged footwear.


Other brands of boots I have worn a long time ago (like over 30 years ago) but I do not know if they are still making great boots or not, not in any particular order


Karrimor

Hitek

Bunyip (was/is? an Australian brand)

Lowa

Meindl

Salewa

Salomon

Berghaus

Asolo (I think I had a pair of light weight boots from them and they were pretty good)

Zamberlan







No comments:

Post a Comment